This fellowship will bring together twenty-five Artists from all around the world with different backgrounds and specialties in a two-weeks Artistic and Meditation Retreat which aims to educate, encourage and inspire these Artists through meditation, as well as exploring and understanding themselves. Afterwards, they will have the opportunity to help spreading the benefits and positive effects of meditation and self-development into their communities and around the world through their art and creativity.
The I Meditation Artistic Retreat will take place from January 14th to 27th, 2014 at the Mooktawan sanctuary, a stunning picturesque location situated on the top of one of the islands on Thailand’s Southern Coast. It will consist of a two-weeks meditation and self-discipline training, where the participants will be guided into meditation by the Teaching Monks four times a day, including self-development activities, connecting cultures and ethics lessons.
Participants will gain knowledge of various theoretical approaches that include:
• Conflict Resolution and the Role of the Basic Human Self-disciplines.
• The Role of Our Habits in Our Daily Life and How to Improve; the Five Rooms of Life.
• The Factors that Determine Our Perception to Think, Act and Speak; Relation between Body and Mind.
• Leadership: Eight Pillars for a Stable Peaceful Society.
• Art Expression as Peace Building Tool.
• Connecting Cultures; Raising Tolerance through Inner Peace.
• Philosophy of Thai-Buddhist Studies.
As closing event of the Retreat, it will be held an exhibition for invited guests with the finest selected works presented by the Artists in a circuit within the Sanctuary installations. Furthermore, three days after the Retreat ends, the Artists will star the opening ceremony of the Peace Revolution Art Gallery in Bangkok, where their artworks developed during the Meditation Retreat will be exhibit.
Later on, there will be a permanent online exhibition, in the shape of a dynamic website that will store and offer a database with all Artists as well as their artworks developed under Peace Revolution’s Sponsorship. It will mean a great opportunity for the Artists to promote their work, achieve global recognition and push up their careers.
The online application process will open on 15th August and the deadline for applying to participate in I Meditation Artistic Retreat will be 30th September.
• To create a cohesive group of Artists that will provide a charming, unique and special atmosphere where everyone will meet, inspire and positively influence each other.
• To empower Artists and offer the ideal space for them to create and implement artworks with the goal of presenting and transmitting to the world their feelings and emotions developed through the search of their inner peace.
• To build a global network of a group of dynamic and motivated artist from different backgrounds and disciplines. They will have the opportunity and motivation to start developing international artistic projects together focusing on the spreading of peace and loving kindness.
• To raise and inspire the interest of the Artists’ local communities in meditation by their artworks, which will create a permanent and strong link between different cultures.
• To explore meditation as a practice that can be developed as a tool for them to cope with challenges within peace-building and self-understanding.
• To promote tools of non-violent communication, self-development and peace-building that can be applied to every culture.
• To understand that cultivating inner qualities can be the foundation of creating compassion in society, which leads to more benevolence and understanding within conflict situations.
• To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
• To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
• To build on participants’ progress after having participated in the online self-development program.
• Artists from all around the world, different backgrounds and practicing any artistic discipline are encouraged to apply and participate in the self-development program, the first step towards taking part in the I Artistic Meditation Retreat in Thailand, January 2014.
• Artists from any age above 18 are welcome to apply.
• Candidates must complete the 35 days online self-development program before the 30th November. Please kindly note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
• Candidates must have completed at least one online Special Ops.
• Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
• Candidates have confidence on their artistic skills and they are enthusiastic to share their art with the world, whatever the discipline is.
• Candidates believe a better world is possible and feel they have the chance of using their artworks to send messages of hope and kindness to the world.
• Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
About Peace Revolution:
The entity responsible of organizing and carrying out the Project, Peace Revolution strives to bring peace to the world by supporting individuals to find inner peace and sharing that peace with their families, friends and communities, hence the slogan Peace In, Peace Out, which aim is to express the concept that in order to change the world, we need to start from changing ourselves.
The unique approach that distinguishes Peace Revolution from other peace initiatives is the inclusion of three components that support personal development of our members aka Peace Rebel:
1) Online training element: website’s self-development program and the live guided Inner Peace Time webcasts.
2) Special activities: they encourage our members (Peace Rebels) to incorporate the Inner Peace developed through the self-development program into their peace projects.
3) Fellowship: it involves a peace and leadership training where young participants from all over the world can practice meditation in a beautiful retreat environment as well as yoga, group activities and workshops.